Friday 27 April 2012

- Restaurant - [The Hidden Garden 1981 Cafe]

Do you have any fantasy?
I think everybody does have some in their mind and undoubtedly I have no exception . And actually I have loads.



























I do dream of having a small vintage cafe of my own , with cozy and simple decorations and vintage stuff that I love and adore.
I have encountered one in Cheung Sha Wan in Hong Kong. It's named The Hidden Garden 1981 Cafe.
The environment there is very nice and there're 2 floors .I love to go up to the second floor because of the lovely narrow stair with many vintage pictures hanging on the wall. And most importantly , I saw my favourite Amelie movie poster! And also the gigantic world map frame!

There's also a story behind this cafe/restaurant which makes me love it even more.
 This is operated by a family and it was opened by the son of a couple.
In the past , this couple wanted to stay together all the time and sell food to earn a living but since they had to raise their kids , selling food would not be possible to enough so they gave up their mind.
Now , since their son has grown up already , he wanted to help his parents to fulfill their long lost dream and thus opened this cafe/restaurant.







































The food there is not bad , especially for the desserts and the flower teas there.
The price is reasonable too and they have their own wifi , you may ask them for their password and then you can spend a nice afternoon there.
Music is floating around the cafe and if the TV can be taken away , it would be much better :)




2 comments:

  1. That is one of my dreams too! I would love to have a cozy café where people can drink coffee and thee and eat cake.

    ReplyDelete